Shop Foreman - Agriculture
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support.
With 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, we are a global team with one shared purpose. It's our mission to enable our customer's success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support.
Our customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, and we meet that challenge with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands John Deere, Peterbilt, JLG, Clark, Sellick and Doosan.
Our Olds, Alberta branch is looking for an exceptional individual to join our service department as a Shop Foreman for our John Deere - agriculture dealership.
What does the role look like?
- Assign jobs to technicians based on their skills and knowledge
- Direct and assist technicians in the diagnosis of machine problems so that the repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Monitoring the progress of all jobs inside the shop
- Executes dealership Quality Control initiatives for equipment leaving the shop
- Coordinate technician training with the Corporate Service Manager; assign jobs to coincide with training
- Ensure that all technicians are complying to company policies and procedures for safety
- Inspect and repair all special tools and recommend new tooling
- Advise Service Manager of all customer or employee complaints
- Review all completed work orders for completeness and accuracy concerning parts
- Warranty information too, if applicable
- Provide estimates to customers as required and creating work orders as required
- Maintaining a clean and organized shop
- Meet with technicians routinely to review Service Department performance
- Meet daily with Service Manager to review Service Department performance and personnel matters
- Answer customer telephone calls as required; make outbound telephone calls as required to keep customers informed of the status of their repairs
- Bill approximately 10% to 20% of available time (performing mechanical repairs and diagnostics)
- Discipline technicians as required, or recommend disciplinary action to Service Manager
- Perform other duties as directed by Management
- Keep track and organize with customer for product improvement programs/recall programs
- Book and organize all internal and external trucks
What are we looking for?
- Strong leadership experience or aptitude to lead a team of technicians
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Service Technician performing diagnostics and mechanical repairs on agriculture equipment required
- Experience as a Shop Foreman
- Great communication skills
- Ability to make good decisions under pressure
- Strong motivation to get the job done in an efficient manner and to maintain positive customer experiences
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package with an incentive program
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- A great health, dental and optical benefits package.
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee Pricing on John Deere goods for personal use.
- An exceptional work culture