Senior Software Developer
Initial 1-Year Term assignment (likely to become permanent)
Our Information Services team has a great opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our growing team as a senior Senior Software Developer, based out of our Corporate office. We have a great IS team and need additional support given the way our business has embraced technology. This position will partner with our business leaders to understand business challenges and to craft solutions - offering value and creating efficiencies through data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware.
What does the role look like?
- Plan, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate with resources in the business to determine common areas of concern and bring possible solutions to the table for discussion.
- Design and develop Business Intelligence solutions. The position requires a broad level understanding of BI technology and business perspective with a willingness to step into multiple roles.
- Assist in the documentation of all newly created applications and functions.
- As the company migrates to a new common business solution, assist in the development of mobile applications again enabling efficiencies in helping our users better service their customers.
- Ensure that the Systems Process Controls are followed throughout the system development and maintenance life-cycles.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related area.
- 10+ years of programming experience (database design experience required).
- 5+ years of experience working with business intelligence concepts and systems such as data modeling, data warehousing, report generation.
- Experience with the Microsoft BI Stack would be an asset (SQL Server, Azure, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), CDS, and Microsoft Excel.
- Desired Programming language experience would include, but are not limited to SQL, DAX, R, Python, M, PowerQuery.
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform (PowerBI, PowerApps, PowerAutomate) or similar products (ex. Microsoft .Net environment – SharePoint) would be an asset.
- Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics D365 platform would also be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to present and communicate data, trends, insights, and recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate in a group setting as well as the ability to work alone when necessary.
What’s in it for you?
- A great compensation package!
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Employee referral bonus
- An exceptional work culture
- Recognized as a Saskatchewan top 100 company in 2019, for another consecutive year
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, with 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Our mission is to advance our customer's success by providing practical and intelligent equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan. At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success.