Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Have a passion for leadership, driving growth, sales and being in the AG industry?!
Then apply below!
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Melfort and Nipawin, SK branches have an exciting opportunity for exceptional individual to look after both stores as a Sales Manager for our John Deere line up for agriculture equipment. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager is responsible for planning and directing all activities of the sales force and ensuring the Sales Team’s strategies and activities are aligned and integrated with Branch operations. Also responsible for the customer experience, and employee engagement, as well as, supporting relationships with key stakeholder including John Deere. As the Sales Manager, you will assign accounts/sales territories to the Sales Reps and Account Managers, direct business development efforts, contributes to and executes on new and used inventory strategies, creates/coordinates customer communications, and prepares sales forecasts for Whole Goods. Ensures the organization's sales volume and profitability objectives are met. Supervises the sales team ensuring business development objectives are met, sales forecasts are achieved, sales and communications/marketing programs are implemented.
What does the role look like?
- Engaging and aligning employees to understand and commit to the goals of the Region that help deliver the Divisions Sales, Service and Parts strategies and priorities
- Building an understanding for, and capability to, integrate Branch operations with the Sales Team’s strategies and priorities to deliver superior Sales performance, contribute to a superior customer experience, support stakeholder relationships and optimize the Branches financial performance
- Assigning accounts and sales territories, directing business development efforts and monitoring the effectiveness of these efforts
- Contributing to, and executing on, sales strategies and tactics related to both new and used inventory
- Managing marketing and customer communication campaigns and assessing their effectiveness
- Preparing Sales forecasts and monitoring Sales performance and taking decisive corrective action as required
- Monitoring the integration between Sales and Branch operations; and, initiates corrective action in a decisive manner
- Collaborating with Branch staff on the sale of value added packages and providing sales support of parts and services initiatives such as winter service inspections
- Through hiring, coaching and development, ensuring the Sales team has the right capabilities in terms of talent, processes and technology to deliver superior results for both Sales and the Branches
- Building leadership capability among the Sales team by coaching reports with respect to people management and financial/operational acumen
- Mentoring sales team members, including on-farm site visits
- Support sales team member by assisting in closing deals
- Balancing competing interests of employee engagement, customer satisfaction, stakeholder relations and Sales performance by applying sound business acumen and strong people management skills
- Creating a culture that foster employee engagement, customer satisfaction and responsiveness to stakeholder interest
- Monitoring the local markets and sharing intelligence with the Branch Managers and the General Manager
- Creates an atmosphere of openness, honesty, trust and teamwork through personal leadership, and the leadership of others, that embraces integrity and respect; words and actions are aligned and visible
- Supports change in the organization through personal commitment and the leadership of others by encouraging dialogue and facilitating understanding throughout the change event
- Creates high but achievable performance standards and holds him/herself and others accountable; is visible, personally committed, energetically involved in initiating and executing region objectives
- Through recognizing and celebrating accomplishments of individuals and teams, instills a sense of pride and drives employee engagement
- Commits to continual learning for oneself and supports the same for others; constantly coaches, counsels and provides opportunities for the development of people; and also, instills confidence and uses mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow
- Knows when to lead and when to encourage and inspire leadership from others
What are we looking for?
- 5 or more years of experience in Sales Management
- Dealership experience in the agriculture industry, sales related experience in the agriculture industry or sales management experience with an understanding of the farming industry
- A business degree would be an asset
- A track record of strong and effective leadership skills
- A history of meeting, if not exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated record of being able to grow the sales department of a branch
- The ability to understand and execute corporate goals and direction
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive compensation package, with incentives!
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Opening of a new branch in Nipawin, SK in 2020
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Employee referral bonus