PETERBILT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THAT NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With more than 60 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, we are a global team with one shared purpose. It’s our mission to enable our customer’s success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Our customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, and we meet that challenge with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands John Deere, Peterbilt, JLG, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus Equipment we believe great companies are built by great people - and for them. We strive to design a better way to work with employees to help them maximize productivity and achieve their potential. It starts right here with people like you. At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Our goal is to build a strong team of unique talents and perspectives and we welcome your ideas on how to make us even better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we will support you all the way. If you're motivated by success for yourself and your team, you belong with Cervus Equipment. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Reporting to the General Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is responsible for retail sales activity that will build long-term business to business relationships and loyalty of all the company’s current and potential customers. The individual is also responsible for sales and marketing of Peterbilt Trucks in the assigned trade area and to build all relationships on behalf of the company in a fair and honest manner.
What does this role look like to you?
- Has the ability to quickly understand the needs of business to business customers and act to fulfill these needs by matching them with our products and services
- Is interested in building long term relationships with customers by supporting them after the sale, not just completing transactional one-time sales
- Will actively pursue new leads and accounts, while maintaining current customer relationships, in an assigned geographical territory
- Works to help maintain the strong team environment with the other sales representatives at the branch
- Will assist the rest of our team in parts, service, and training with potential sales
- Is eager to learn and keep current on the art of sales, product knowledge, new trends in the industry and the competition
- Complete sales target and lead reporting information on an ongoing basis
- Completes all sales documentation in a timely and accurate manner
What are we looking for?
- Excellent listening, relationship building skills and decision-making ability
- 5+ years of experience selling in a business to business environment
- Professional - truck sales or heavy equipment experience preferred but not required for the right candidate.
- University degree is preferred. High school diploma with relevant work experience will also be considered
- Proficient level user of common office software
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Successful candidate must be a highly organized sales professional, with strong, independent learning and self-development skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Great working environment
- Competitive, location specific compensation
- Employee stock purchase program with employer matching
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Boot & Prescription Safety glasses Allowances