LEAD SERVICE TECHNICIAN - 310 Truck & Coach Mechanic Lead - Stoney Creek (Hamilton)
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THAT NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support.
With more than 60 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, we are a global team with one shared purpose. It’s our mission to enable our customer’s success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Our customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, and we meet that challenge with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands John Deere, Peterbilt, JLG, Clark, Sellick and Doosan.
At Cervus Equipment we believe great companies are built by great people - and for them. We strive to design a better way to work with employees to help them maximize productivity and achieve their potential. It starts right here with people like you. At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Our goal is to build a strong team of unique talents and perspectives and we welcome your ideas on how to make us even better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we will support you all the way. If you're motivated by success for yourself and your team, you belong with Cervus Equipment. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
As a Lead Service Technican you will bring expertise and responsiveness to the table every day on a team dedicated to world class customer service and solutions. You are passionate and committed to our current and future success in the ever-changing world of work. This career opportunity offers earnings potential along with exposure for career advancement
What does this role look like to you?
Working Afternoon Shift from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am
- Complete repair/service orders
- Maintain good relationships with customers and co-workers
- Maintain shop cleanliness as a team
- Perform scheduled maintenance of heavy-duty tractors and trailers
- Diagnose and repair all related systems on transport trucks. This includes all electronic, diesel engine, manual and automated transmission, front and rear suspension, electrical, driveline, HVAC, hitch and cab/interior;
- Perform preventative maintenance such as fluid and various filter changes, testing of batteries, adjustments to brake system and clutch components and lubricating moving parts of equipment;
- Assemble and install customer additions including, rear fenders, lights and headache racks;
- Perform customer, OEM and government inspections on vehicles.
- Working with your team to ensure each person is aligned with the strategic objectives of the department and branch
What are we looking for?
- Working knowledge of heavy-duty equipment and components
- minimum of 5 years’ experience with heavy duty diesel experience
- Good mechanical knowledge of air systems
- Electrical and computer diagnostics on major OEM engines – Cummins, Cat, Paccar
- Previously performed repairs on post 2010 emissions systems
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Must have tools and valid driver’s license (a clean drivers abstract will be requested upon hire)
- Must be in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Trades
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Great working environment
- Competitive, location specific compensation
- Employee stock purchase program with employer matching
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Tool, Boot & Prescription Safety glasses Allowances