LOOKING FOR A LICENSED 310J TRAILER MECHANIC - BELLEVILLE
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THAT NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support.
With more than 60 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, we are a global team with one shared purpose. It’s our mission to enable our customer’s success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Our customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, and we meet that challenge with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands John Deere, Peterbilt, JLG, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus Equipment we believe great companies are built by great people - and for them. We strive to design a better way to work with employees to help them maximize productivity and achieve their potential. It starts right here with people like you. At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Our goal is to build a strong team of unique talents and perspectives and we welcome your ideas on how to make us even better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we will support you all the way. If you're motivated by success for yourself and your team, you belong with Cervus Equipment. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
As a licensed Trailer Mechanic, you will bring your energy and expertise to the table every day on a team dedicated to world class customer service and solutions. You are passionate and committed to our current and future success in the ever-changing world of work. This career opportunity offers earnings potential along with exposure for career advancement.
What does this role look like to you?
The Trailer Mechanic is responsible for daily and preventative maintenance and completes the required repairs on customer trailers.
The chosen candidate will provide quality customer service, and is safety focused and is a registered Licensed Mechanic (310J).
- Preventative and scheduled repairs:
- Review and follow work order instructions from start to finish.
- Outline all parts used and input comments into the work order (complaint, cause, and correction) regarding the repair.
- Inspect entire trailer to ensure all repairs are complete.
- Test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to isolate faults.
- Notify Shift Leader of any other needed repairs.
- Identify any warranty repairs and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform Ministry of Transportation vehicle inspections as per Ministry guidelines.
- Shunting and moving equipment in and out of maintenance facility for repairs
- Shop cleanup
- Put away any equipment used, including personal tools.
- Shop cleanliness, emptying garbage cans at end of shift, washing floors, and sweeping.
- Attend shift meetings as required.
- Participate in formal and informal training sessions.
- Performing other maintenance duties as required
What are we looking for?
- Licensed Trailer Mechanic (310J)
- Possess a valid G Driver's License
- Must have suitable tools or willingness to purchase prior to hire.
- Able to use current technology to ensure vehicle safety and performance.
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Mechanically inclined
- Interested in the transportation industry.
- Safety minded.
- Strong customer focus
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to prevent issues.
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member
- An opportunity to contribute to the company by continually making improvements and resolving issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Competitive, location specific compensation
- Employee stock purchase program with employer matching
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow.
- Ongoing technical Training & Development
- Tool, Boot & Prescription Safety glasses Allowances