Precision Agriculture Specialist
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan. At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Drumheller, Alberta branch is looking for an exceptional Precision Agriculture Specialist. They will support the business through execution of the Precision Agriculture strategy at the field level for the assigned store(s). Be a guru for the latest product and service offerings in the Precision Agriculture space and communicating with local store teams on how these items benefit our customers operations too. Advise customers on data management services, while billing out time as appropriate to support the sale of technology related items and meeting targets.
What does the role look like?
- Sales and support of technology related hardware and services for assigned location(s)
- Leading the sale of all items within the Precision Agriculture parts warehouse for the assigned store(s)
- Data Service Sales
- Selling value added data services (profit mapping, crop intelligence, etc.)
- Promoting machine connectivity and how the data can provide an operational efficiency insight
- Advise customers on the data being extracted to inform them of management decisions that can be made from the analysis of the data
- Along with the Account Manager, performing start up optimization work flow to make sure the data and machine optimization is executed when equipment is purchased
- Train local service and sales teams no how to perform machine optimization
- Train parts and sales team on new technology items being sold in the Precision AG Parts warehouse
- Regular communication with the Precision AG Lead to determine budget numbers and working together to develop a plan on how to reach those goals for the local store(s)
What are we looking for?
- An affinity for learning and staying up to date with new technology and data solutions
- An IT background or education would be beneficial
- A proven track record of building long term relationships with clients
- History of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Sales experience would be a strong asset but not required
- Upholding the Cervus standard for customer service
- Knowledge of the John Deere Precision Agriculture products would be an asset but not required
- During peak seasons, being able to do shift work and/or weekends
- Travelling to customers sites on a regular basis
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary, plus incentives!
- A company truck (fuel and maintenance are covered)!
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Opening of a new branch in Nipawin, SK in 2020
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our Peterbilt dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Employee referral bonus