Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Have a passion for leadership, precision agriculture and driving growth?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
The Precision Agriculture Manager (based out of our RockyView County, Alberta branch) provides strategic direction and execution support on how the company delivers Precision Ag offerings, as well as discovering new product offerings that will add value to our customers and drive profitable results. This individual will work closely with internal and external resources to identify customer and market needs and to develop comprehensive value-added services and solutions to address those needs. This includes being the key liaison with John Deere and providing information and support to the team of Precision Ag Leads and Specialists. The Precision Manager provides information and support to a team of 3 Precision Ag Leads and Specialists (AB North, AB South and Saskatchewan).
What does the role look like?
- Actively work to identify & qualify new growth opportunities and vendors in the data management and data services space
- Building sales and marketing strategies to drive additional revenue from the Precision products and services
- Ensure execution of the sales and marketing strategies in our local markets
- Conduct monthly virtual Precision Ag leadership meetings
- Ensure alignment between current Precision activities and the needs of the business
- Be the key liaison with the Parts Department on inventory related to Precision Ag
- Ensure that Cervus’ activities are aligned with John Deere’s strategic vision for Precision Ag
- Develop KPI’s specific to Precision Ag Customer Labour / billables, etc. – updating the scorecards
- Assist in the development and publication of Standard Operating Practices related to Precision Ag
- Lead strategic planning and financial budgeting processes for Precision Ag
- Provides information and support to the Precision Leads, ensure activities are aligned with objectives
- Develop data services that we can monetize
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Crop Technology, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Geomatics or IT
- 10 or more years of experience in a related industry and in a leadership capacity
- Deep knowledge of the Precision Ag business, including Deere’s future direction
- Understand the Precision Ag processes and be able to instruct and explain when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively amongst all levels within the organization.
- Proven and demonstrated to deliver business directions with ease.
- Proven ability to develop, innovate, or improve business practices and processes.
- Strong financial background.
- Proven analytical thinking and problem solving in complex processes and issues.
What’s in it for you?
- A great total compensation package!
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Employee referral bonus