Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Forklift and Materials Handling group is looking for an exceptional Rental Sales Representative (Outside Sales) for Calgary and Southern Alberta. Reporting to the Rental Manager, the Rental Sales Representative is responsible for the growth of rental sales business in existing and new markets. The Rental Sales Representative understands current, and potential, customers’ needs, translates the customers’ needs into specific products and services, promotes awareness regarding Cervus rental value proposition and ensures financial target achievement within the Rental Department. The role works with other departments to ensure superior customer experience.
What does the role look like?
- Source new leads to solicit new business; promotes rental concept on all sales calls
- Provide product information to walk-in customers; provide orientation on equipment operations
- Follow-up with all completed rental sales to ensure the customer is completely satisfied with their rental experience
- Provide solutions to customer complaints and emergency requirements
- Maintain customer profile records in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate equipment reservations with the Rental Coordinator
- Prepare and maintain up to date call reports, sales records, daily and monthly sales reports
- Attend staff and safety meetings at the branch and attend weekly progress call with Branch Managers and Rental Manager.
- Keep abreast on market trends, customer expectations, and competitor activities
- Recommend process improvements and equipment requirements
- Keep current on OEM product knowledge, features and benefits, and competitive product comparisons
- Networking with customers and other industry professionals by assisting with special projects, demonstrations, trade shows, and seminars
What are we looking for?
- 3 years in the rental industry, industrial equipment dealership, or related experience would be an asset but not required
- 3 or more years of experience as a Territory Sales Rep/Manager, Outside Sales Rep, Business development or a similar role
- Experience and/or knowledge about equipment marketing strategy and planning will be considered as an asset
- A track record for growing a business and exceeding goals
- Strong customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to function with all team members in the dealership while creating a strong partnership with the Rental Coordinator.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and ability to develop information-based recommendations
- Proven skill to address wide range of issues simultaneously
- The role requires travel within city and 25% out of town travel
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive base salary with commission!
- Company vehicle with a fuel card
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Opening a new branch in Nipawin, SK in 2020
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year for our Peterbilt dealerships