Outside Parts Sales and Service Rep
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Then apply below!
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick,and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Melfort branch is looking for an exceptional individual to join our service department as an Outside Parts Sales and Service Rep for our Agriculture Division (John Deere). This position will report directly to the Parts Manager. The Outside Parts Sales and Service Rep will be tasked with increasing the Parts department revenue by promoting our John Deere parts to other dealerships, existing clients and new, potential customers during our slower seasons of the year. Travel is required during this time of the year. The other aspect of the role will include working as a Parts Technician, sourcing and ordering parts for customers or internal technicians during our peak seasons.
Please note that this is an hourly wage position with nominal incentives, not a commission role.
What does the role look like?
Outside Parts and Service Sales to grow the business at the branch
- Approaching other dealerships to promote our John Deere parts within our line of business
- Travelling to our existing clients and new customers to offer parts directly, especially one’s with the space to keep inventory on hand
- Along with promoting our service inspections and mechanical work
- Delivering parts to customers
Acting as a Parts Technician and assisting other Parts Technicians
- Identifying customers or internal technicians needs and ordering parts as required
- Those with minimal parts experience will begin by assisting Parts Technicians until they have acquired the proficiency to source and order parts
- Using an electronic parts diagram
- Assisting Parts Technicians with orders
What are we looking for?
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience
- An individual who is driven to succeed and grow a business
- Someone who can effectively build rapport with others
- Experience in the agriculture industry would be a strong asset
- Parts experience is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- A great compensation package with nominal incentives!
- A quarterly technician incentive that goes on top of the base hourly wage
- Field tech premium (when billing hours out in the field)
- Tool and Boot Allowances.
- Great apprenticeship support (income supplement, completion bonus and tuition reimbursement for those eligible)
- International opportunities with our Service Technician exchange program
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Employee referral bonus
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year