Manager, Innovation Projects
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Have a passion for innovation, project management, IT and working with operations?
Do you have a track record of taking an idea or creating an idea, putting together all the details and taking it to the finish line?
Want to work for a recognized, top 100 company?
Looking to make over 6 figures with incentives?
Then apply below!
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick,and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
What is a Manager, Innovation Projects? As Cervus Equipment is embarking on a new strategy that embraces and leverages digital technologies and innovation. We are looking for a leader who considers themselves a trailblazer and champion of innovation. Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Innovation (DBDI), the Manager, Innovation Projects sponsors a culture of innovation and enables the execution of company-wide innovation projects by leading the design, scoping, and execution of critical, strategic projects from incubation through to production. This position will engage the organization through a collaborative approach, leading multi-disciplinary project teams from idea stage to successful execution.
What does the role look like?
Developing a Culture of Innovation
- Motivate, coordinate and provide oversight of multi-disciplinary teams in the completion of critical projects, including the management of third parties external to Cervus on an as needed basis.
- Working with the DBDI, co-develop a process of evaluation and incubation of new ideas in the organization, including, but not limited to the continuation of our internal “My Great Idea” contest.
- Creating an environment where innovation can thrive by setting up and running ideas generation platforms and formats to actively seek out and foster the growth of new and emerging products and service ideas.
- Designing shelter for promising projects by designing resource allocation processes (portfolio, stage-gate, budgeting) to take potentially disruptive innovations forward from ‘seed’ to market by anticipating and removing barriers and blocks.
- Leading cross-functional and cross-divisional projects and teams, ensuring successful project evaluations and implementations.
- Implement solid Project Management practices that include purposeful scoping, incubation, testing, implementation and monitoring of projects and initiatives.
- Develop complete project design and execution documents along with task-level project plans with cross-function teams and external partners (as required).
- Accountable for the development of resource requirements (people, assets, software) and tracking the status against the original requirement budget.
- Proactive in initiating change and resolving issues encountered on critical projects.
Evaluation of Innovation and Potential
- Evaluate and assess opportunities for product and service improvement and/or program elimination. Ensure innovation and strategic programs are relevant, align with organizational strategic objects and have sound, consistent business plans and business models in place.
- Conduct market and competitor assessments; validating market opportunities, size and potential.
- Recommend which programs are relevant and profitable for the organization and which are not.
- Work with leadership teams to ensure individual program business plans are well integrated into an organizational plan and monitoring and reporting out on program performance over time.
Leading Innovation through Partnerships
- Nurture existing strategic partnerships and seek to establish new partnerships.
- Develop and present proposals, updates, issues and findings to senior management inclusive of suggestions, risk mitigation, cost benefit analysis and action plans.
- Perform as business resource with technology partners & internal stakeholders, external business partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Present new processes and ideas to improve productivity and performance.
- Actively listen to others for understanding perspectives and making linkages and continuously making connections and building relationships.
- Develop relationships across division and communications plan to aid in the design and completion of projects.
What are we looking for?
- Natural curiosity and appetite to consider alternative points of view
- Interest in new technologies and their applicability to business
- Comfortable leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary teams
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multi-deliverables simultaneously
- Comfortable making presentations (mixed groups, leadership, third parties)
- Ability to successfully capture ideas presented by stakeholders in meetings for follow up success
- 3 to 5+ years of “project management” experience (in any capacity) vital to the role
- Certification or training in formal Project Management practices (e.g. Six Sigma, PMI, Lean, etc) considered an asset.
- “Expert” user of the Microsoft Office suite, and interested in learning new relevant technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to resolve conflict
What’s in it for you?
- A strong compensation package, with incentives!
- A generous Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee Pricing on John Deere goods for personal use.
- An exceptional work culture
- Recognized as a Saskatchewan top 100 company in 2019, for another consecutive year