Are you looking to grow your career with a global company that is a leader in its market?
Are you ready to experience world class training – boots on the ground experience, instructor led training, in house leadership courses, John Deere university training and the support of our leadership team (at the branch and regional level)?!
Do you have a passion for the AG industry, experience coaching teams and the drive to take a business solution from inception to execution?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, JLG, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our agriculture division
(John Deere) has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced manager to join our Agriculture Management Trainee program (this position will be based out of Rocky View County, Alberta but will consider candidates in Saskatoon too). This program will offer world class training that will include hands on experience working at the ground level, instructor led classes, factory training, John Deere University classes (online), in house leadership modules and the support of our leadership team (at the branch and regional level). The AG Management Trainee will complete a rotation through our Sales department, Sales Support, Service department, Parts department, Product Support sales, Precision AG, AG training, Corporate Finance, Accounting, HR, Safety and lastly, shadowing a Branch Manager before the completion of the program (which can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on previous experience and performance). Afterwards (pending successful completion), you will get an exciting opportunity to manage your own branch and you will be *REQUIRED* to relocate to a branch within AB or SK at the end of the program (which can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on previous experience and performance), which will likely be in a rural community (here is a link to our dealership locations: https://www.cervusequipment.com/locations/).
What does the role look like?
- Job shadowing and hands on training through the various departments mentioned above
- Sales department, learning the sales processes, how to quote deals, what’s involved to WOW our customers as a trusted advisor to make the sale, which enables them to be more successful as a business too (which includes going on the road to farms with our Sales Reps), order equipment and manage inventory
- Service department, learning how to book in appointments, open work orders, organize the workflow in the shop, prepare estimates, understand the mechanics of our equipment (which will involve getting your hands dirty!) and how handle customer conflict (concerns and the WOW factor)
- Parts department, learn how to receive stock, how a parts room should be organized, managing inventory, ordering parts (including how to use an electronic parts diagram/JD Parts Advisor), responding to online parts requests and what it takes to become a trusted advisor!
- Product Support Sales, understand how we support our customers and provide value through service and parts (presenting good, better and best options)
- Precision Agriculture, job shadow to learn about the cutting-edge technology and data solutions in the agriculture industry (assisting with setting up products or services in the field and presenting solutions to customers to demonstrate the return on investment for them, turning data into dollars)
- Training, learn from the best on how to take feedback to recognize an opportunity for learning, create a training plan, implement and execute (including when to do the training and how)
- Corporate Finance, our team will go through capital budgeting, capital structure, working capital, investment decisions, short and long term financial planning and the process of reporting to the market
- Accounting, see the action live from how invoices enter the accounting department, how it’s coded, posted and an in-depth review (line by line) of how to review and analyze a P&L statement
- Human Resources, be empowered from the essentials from onboarding, interviewing, progressive discipline, performance management/coaching and customer service skills
- Safety, gain an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety code, responsibilities of a manager and how to promote a safety culture
- Shadowing a seasoned Branch Manager, working with department managers (parts and service) and gaining direct experience before you are assigned your own branch! (pending successful completion of the program)
- In each department, you will also learn about the software programs, processes, metrics, reports and P&L statements
- Complete all training (John Deere University classes – online and instructor led or in-house training), attending all assigned meetings or events (Crop Production show, Agritrade, etc.)
- A handful of presentations, from product demo’s to presenting a department or branch P&L to our regional management team (training and coaching will be provided prior)
- Being involved in community events to continue to build on the relationships within the area’s we serve and joining a club within the community
- Live and breath the Cervus culture and values, being a brand ambassador
What are we looking for?
- A few years of management experience (which would include leading a team of employees with P&L experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Exposure to the AG industry would be a required (growing up on a farm, working on a farm, spending time on a friend’s farm, dealing with farmers, living in a farm community where you are involved or a member of a club like 4H, etc.)
- A passion for the AG industry
- An innovative mind to identify a business challenge, present a solution(s), implement the solution(s) and see it through to the end
- Highly driven to succeed
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to learn about how our equipment works (we don’t need you to be a mechanic, but you have the aptitude to learn how our machines work and we will provide training)
- Building long term relationships and increasing the customer experience are at the top of your list
- Comfortable with public speaking (presentations with large groups of people)
- Sociable personality, whether it’s talking to people one on one or in large groups
- Dealing with conflict and holding people accountable comes natural to you
- Highly organized to juggle multiple priorities throughout the day
- Great communication skills, verbal and written (as you will deal with multiple departments)
- Good with computer software (Microsoft suites, excel in particular)
What’s in it for you?
- World class training, hands on experience on the ground level, instructor led classes to factory training, online webinars and the support of our leadership team (at the store, regional level and one of our own past AG Management Trainee graduates!)
- The opportunity to join a global company with industry leading brands (John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Doosan and Sellick)
- Operations in Canada (AB, BC, SK, MB and ON), Australia and New Zealand with 64 locations
- Opening of a new John Deere dealership in 2020 in Nipawin, SK
- Acquisition of a new John Deere dealership in 2020 in Australia
- Previous acquisitions of 12 Peterbilt Dealership in Ontario (2014), Deermart Equipment in Red Deer (2018), opening of a state-of-the-art facility in Ponoka (2015) and much more!
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our Peterbilt dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
- An awesome benefits package, with a health care spending account
- An employee stock purchase plan, matching begins after one year
- Tuition Reimbursement
*We would strongly recommend candidates to fill out the questions in the application with detail to highlight the experience they have (clear, concise and to the point), as we will receive a number of applications*