Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Then apply below!
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 63 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Corporate Division has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our team as a HR Generalist based out of our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan location. Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Generalist is responsible for providing advisory and recruitment support – with a primary focus to support operations managers on general Human Resource practices (recruitment, employee relations, talent management, compensation) and operationalizing HR strategy at a store level.
What does the role look like?
Operational Management and Employee Relations support
- Acts as a dual advocate for both employees and management, balancing the needs and desires of both with practicality and feasibility in order to reach a common understanding and resolution.
- Provide coaching and guidance to branch and operations managers in the areas of employee relations, employee engagement and retention, effective leadership, performance management and coaching, return to work, total compensation and talent management as needed.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to branch and operations managers in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Conduct workplace investigations as necessary and escalate (more complex) issues to the appropriate HR Leader(s) as required.
- Ensure managers adhere to compliance with applicable government regulatory requirements within the workplace.
Talent Management within Operational support areas
- Collaborate and own the execution and successful implementation of HR based strategies and initiatives in respective client/business areas.
- Interpret and align your client’s business strategies with the supporting corporate and divisional HR strategies/programs that meet the business need and create action plans with leaders.
- Based on the client’s business strategy and need, proactively confer with branch and operations managers to identify workforce and staffing needs, job specifications and duties, qualifications, and skills that might be needed. Act as the trusted advisor to hiring managers in the assessment of workforce needs.
- Complete an analysis of workforce data, identify trends and provide recommendations for clients; escalate trends that may impact Cervus wide actions.
- Train and audit the effectiveness of manager interview and selection practices and guide managers in the best practices of operational onboarding of the new employees.
- Coordinate and execute local recruitment outreach efforts as required, such as job fairs and educational partnerships. Organize with recruiters and attend career fairs to promote job opportunities and deepen the pool of potential candidates. Build and sustain beneficial relationships with local educational institutions.
- Educate and advise managers on interpretation and administration of HR best practices, programs, and policies. Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments as required.
- Collaborate with HR functional specialists (Recruitment, Compensation/Benefits, Safety) to support the implementation of HR initiatives for his/her client groups.
- Provide recommendations for policies and processes and Identify, lead, and communicate with the HR team on continuous improvement efforts (programs, processes, practices, policies)
- Understand the HR priorities and how they relate to Cervus and Division strategies and priorities
- Support leaders to initiate employee change transactions in a timely manner and ensure accuracy in HR and payroll file management and reporting.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or similar.
- 5-8 years of HR or labour relations work experience related to the listed Job Expectations.
- Working towards experience requirement for professional HR designations (eg., CPHR).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel on occasion, primarily within the province (20% or less).
- Experience in facilitating the successful resolution of complex workplace and interpersonal HR issues
- Proven experience in conducting employee and workplace investigations
- Previous recruitment and sourcing experience desired
- Demonstrated experience in leading the design and implementation of HR process and polices
- Understanding of federal and provincial legislation
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
- Able to handle conflict effectively and to provide coaching to others on sensitive matters
- Attention to detail
- Advanced communication and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated technology savvy - strong computer and data management skills (eg., advanced excel skills)
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive compensation package, with incentives!
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- Opportunities for growth in your career as the Cervus organization expands
- Opening of a new branch in Nipawin, SK in 2020
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Employee referral bonus