Brandt's training function is looking for a Training Coordinator to look after our technical training and also act as a central hub within Brandt’s HR, training, and safety functions. This role would focus heavily on looking after all employee movement from new hire orientation/onboarding/offboarding to training/safety program coordination.
What does the role look like?
Coordinate training and onboarding for new hires, current staff, and job changes:
- Facilitate New Hire Onboarding (ensuring paperwork completed and provided to payroll; hand-off between recruitment to Hiring Manager) and orientation compliance (eg., completion of core safety orientations);
- Work with managers to determine training and safety requirements for employee in relation to our different positions;
- Reviewing position requirements and ensuring all position certification requirements are met, recorded (eg., technician apprenticeship and journeyperson certifications), gaps identified and training plan created;
- Provide support and coordination to HR programs, completion of employee records, and data management. This role would also coordinate and complete external reporting (e.g. for government programs, immigration, police checks, etc); and
- Provide day-to-day coordination of our Disability Management program (as needed) by working with our HR team, managers, employees, medical providers, and various job-related insurance programs.
Training and Technical Training Coordination
- Coordinate with Managers to ensure compliance and setting up a regular training cadence;
- Process course registrations and monitor course completions and inform managers/employees of status;
- Maintain course completion records;
- Monitor and communicate vendor bulletins and training requirements (e.g. Deere NMQ);
- Process training grant applications and final reports.
- Work with supervisors and trainers to coordinate presenters, attendee lists/invites, external/internal trainers, training venues, and logistics;
- Maintain records (e.g. completions, cost information, track and process invoices, etc.);
- Prepare/distribute certificates and validate position certification requirements have been met.
- Regularly update and publish employee training records to ensure they are accurate and complete;
- Maintain training records and documents on the company’s intranet;
- Produce routine and on-demand training and certification reports (e.g. Deere certifications); and
- Administer publishing and distribution of professional quality, print-based training materials (e.g. manuals, handbooks, tests, handouts, etc.) and format and distribute training presentations (e.g. in MS PowerPoint, online programs).
What are we looking for?
- An awareness of training coordination processes supported by a credential in training, adult education or a related discipline (e.g. Human Resources).
- Proven ability to use computer-related software with ease (i.e. various tracking systems) and MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word). Advanced level of Excel is strongly preferred (ability to extract, merge data using excel).
- Proven ability to understand and recognize safety-related incidents.
- Highly self-directed, organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning about Brandt’s products and business.
- Demonstrates professionalism, and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple task/responsibilities with ease and prioritize accordingly.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Great working environment
- Advancement Opportunities within the Organization as we grow
- Ongoing Training & Development
If this sounds like you please submit an online application, we will be processing applications as they are received, so don't delay!