Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Materials Handling division is looking for an exceptional individual to join our leadership team as a Division, Wholegoods Sales Manager (a minimum of 50% travel will be required for this role, we would highly prefer a candidate based out of Calgary or Edmonton. However, we will will consider exceptional candidates who reside in other area's where we have branches). This position will be responsible for driving the overall performance and managing the sales of the division. This individual will also partner with our Division, Product support Manager to create a collaborative division that achieves long-term and consistent growth, while implementing and executing common strategies, business practices and goals. This position will also work closely with our COO and collaborate with other divisions to ensure best practices are implemented. The Division Wholegoods Sales Manager is also responsible for managing sales operations within the division to maximize return on investment through optimizing the sales department processes to ensure internal and external satisfaction, growing profitable new and used complete good sales, expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent.
What does the role look like?
- Conduct monthly sales leadership meetings; communicate programs from the OEM and Cervus; as well as identify challenges and opportunities across the region
- Review inventories
- Facilitate best practice sharing between stores
- Assist in the development of SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Lead annual unit budgets
- Leading the sales team across all the branches (Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina and Winnipeg) and visiting clients with our Key Account Manager
- Provide leadership to our Sales Support Manager, Used Equipment Manager and Rental Manager
- Delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure there is a prompt flow of deals through the store and corporate within times provided by our OEM’s
- Manage new and used wholegoods equipment inventory for the division
- Deliver sustainable results on financials and KPI’s (gross margin, turn and aged metrics, customer satisfaction, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s degree in business would be preferred
- At least 5 years of leadership experience with a demonstrated history of achieving results
- Experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Regional Manager, General Manager, Divisional Sales Manager, Corporate Sales Manager or similar role would be ideal
- Exceptional coaching skills
- Strong understanding of financials (ex. Profit and Loss) and metrics
- Experience in the equipment industry or dealership world (materials handling, construction, agriculture or automotive) would be preferred but not required
What’s in it for you?
- An exceptional compensation package with a short term incentive plan!
- An Employee Stock Purchase Program, matching begins after one year
- An awesome health, dental and optical benefits package
- The opportunity to join a growing company!
- Opening of a new branch in Nipawin, SK in 2020
- Acquired Deermart Equipment in Red Deer, AB in 2018
- Opening of a newly built John Deere dealership in Ponoka, AB in 2015
- Acquisition of 12 Peterbilt dealerships in Ontario in 2014
- Working for a world-leading equipment dealer
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
- Employee referral bonus